We’re working on the 2023/24 Regional Health & Medtech capability audit and industry prospectus and hope you can help!
- Below are links to two surveys – one for companies based in Hunter Central Coast and one for companies outside the region.
- Most of the questions are tick-a-box and Survey Monkey estimates the surveys will take less than 15 minutes to complete.
- Please complete the survey by 5pm Friday 29th September. Thank you!
- The industry prospectus (incorporating the results) will be launched on Thursday 16th November.
WHY WE’RE DOING THE SURVEY
- The capability audit is a process to help us build some general stats and metrics about the region’s Health & Medtech industry base – not a directory of specific skills and expertise (although the information we get can be useful for this purpose if we receive enquiries)
- The results are used as the basis for the ‘case’ for the region as a location for health & medtech – a case that is factually accurate. The more surveys are completed, the better our case will be
- It also gives us information about the barriers to doing business in the region generally and in health & medtech so we can build a set of regional opportunities + some genuine ‘asks’ of governments
WHAT WE’LL DO WITH YOUR FEEDBACK
- The information you supply will be used to develop general statistics/metric/statements about the region and its industry base for inclusion in the region’s Health & Medtech industry prospectus and HMIC website
- Your answers won’t be published (ie) your name and company name won’t be attributed to any information you supply
- Dr Mark Flynn or I may contact you to clarify/verify your responses
- Your company name may be mentioned as part of the general information we develop for the industry prospectus which will help promote the region. We’ll contact you to seek approval for wording and context
- You will have seen the previous editions of the Health & Medtech Industry Prospectus. See current version here: https://www.hmic.org.au/hcc-capability/
- Your feedback will help us develop the 2023/24 edition – which will be slightly more detailed than the current version
- The Prospectus is used to promote the region and its capability to business decision makers (local, national and international), industry peak bodies, governments and ministers
AUDIT PROCESS AND ANALYSIS OF RESULTS
- The first regional capability audit was undertaken in 2020 soon after the Network was established. Prof Roy Green advised on the need for an audit to occur and the types of questions we should include
- The 2023 survey includes many of the same questions asked in 2020 so that we can track any changes – positive or negative – and make some accurate statements about the change in the ecosystem/sector
- The survey is conducted online. RDA Hunter has engaged Dr Mark Flynn to help analyse the results and advise on technical information relevant to the Industry Prospectus
Thank you in advance for completing the survey. Your feedback will contribute to the region highlighting its strengths in Health & Medtech and opportunities for growth in the sector. Please don’t hesitate to contact me anytime to discuss the survey or the industry prospectus.